Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bug tracker
07-28-2005, 02:05 AM
Bug tracker
There are a few ways we can do bug tracking. I can integrate one into the site, there is a plugin for Geeklog that uses Bugzilla. User system would be separate, which is an inconvenience...Yet another way is I could attempt to integrate the logins for Bugzilla or Flyspray into Geeklog, a little more work/time but probably not too hard.Or of course, we can just use the SF.net bug tracker. From my memory of using/administrating the tracker with GForge (open version of SF site software) it was kludgey and a pain. I've used Bugzilla briefly and it seems way overcomplicated to me...I've never tried Mantis or Flyspray but have heard good things about both. What do you think?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Bug tracker
*shrug*i'll defer to your judgement on this one
Find all posts by this user
07-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Bug tracker
Geeklog Mantis Bug Tracker plugin installed...tell me what you think. If you like it I will write a story about it and we'll release the world upon it.Keep in mind, this is an older version of Mantis. It looks like it required a good bit of hacking on Mantis itself to get it to integrate with Geeklog. If you find many bugs I will work on upgrading it to the latest...if you think it's OK like it is then we'll just leave it until I have time to hack the latest version into Geeklog.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Bug tracker
Seems to work alright....
Find all posts by this user