Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vdrift won't start (vdrift: symbol lookup error: vdrift: undefined symbol: _ZN15btCo)
08-26-2015, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2015 09:56 AM by jenn4.)
Vdrift won't start (vdrift: symbol lookup error: vdrift: undefined symbol: _ZN15btCo)
[SOLVED! Downgrading bullet fixes the problem.]

Vdrift did work for a couple of days. Then I started getting this message on the terminal when starting: 'vdrift: symbol lookup error: vdrift: undefined symbol: _ZN15btCompoundShapeC1Eb'. I tried re-installing the game from standard repositories and from the AUR. No help. I've then compiled from git and for the latest try from the .7z nightly. Still the same error.

I tried to look on google, but I get only some bug reports from 2009 saying an update fixed everything.

I have tried re-installing and removing all related files and everything obvious like that.

When I run the game, the loading bar comes up, finishes, and then the crash happens.

Output: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.

System information:
Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.1.6-1-MANJARO
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.8GHz
GPU: ASUS R9 280x
GPU driver: Catalyst
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2015, 08:39 AM
RE: Vdrift won't start
btCompoundShape comes from Bullet.
Just a guess, make sure you have a package installed, called libbullet or similar that has Bullet Physics library.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2015, 09:55 AM
(08-26-2015 08:39 AM)CrystalH Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.btCompoundShape comes from Bullet.
Just a guess, make sure you have a package installed, called libbullet or similar that has Bullet Physics library.

I found out that the bullet package had been updated earlier this week. I downgraded the package, and now everything works fine. Thank you for help.
08-26-2015, 10:13 AM
(08-26-2015 09:55 AM)jenn4 Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.
(08-26-2015 08:39 AM)CrystalH Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.btCompoundShape comes from Bullet.

I found out that the bullet package had been updated earlier this week. I downgraded the package, and now everything works fine. Thank you for help.

Hi jenn4. Could you post the bullet lib versions (breaking, working)?
08-26-2015, 10:19 AM
(08-26-2015 10:13 AM)NaN Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.
(08-26-2015 09:55 AM)jenn4 Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.

Hi jenn4. Could you post the bullet lib versions (breaking, working)?

Sure: Working bullet version: bullet-2.83.5-1-x86_64.
Not working version (latest): bullet-2.83.6-1-x86_64.