Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blender Import-Export Problem
02-21-2013, 03:54 AM
Blender Import-Export Problem
I can't make the python scripts work in Blender 2.65 . I tried them in Blender 4.1 and 5 but still no luck. In blender 2.65 even if i put the scripts in scripts/addons they are not visible in File/User preferences/Add-Ons/Import-Export as they should .What can i do to make it work?(i need them to make some cool cars and wheels)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 06:25 AM
RE: Blender Import-Export Problem
Hi slickx,

1. Download script: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.
2. Download blender: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.
3. Put script (vdrift.py) into <blender>/2.65/scripts/addons
[Image: 89871341.jpg]
02-22-2013, 07:14 PM
I am using windows 7 and after i tried again and again to make it work it is not working.I even installed Python 26 on my computer and still the plugin doesn't show in the addons Import-Export list.What can i do to make it work?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-23-2013, 01:36 PM
(02-22-2013 07:14 PM)slickx Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.I am using windows 7 and after i tried again and again to make it work it is not working.I even installed Python 26 on my computer and still the plugin doesn't show in the addons Import-Export list.What can i do to make it work?
Are you using the correct vdrift.py (the one for blender26)?

Check system console output: Blender->Window->Toggle System Console

You don't need to install python for blender2.5-2.6, it's included.
02-23-2013, 04:18 PM
(02-23-2013 01:36 PM)NaN Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.
(02-22-2013 07:14 PM)slickx Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.I am using windows 7 and after i tried again and again to make it work it is not working.I even installed Python 26 on my computer and still the plugin doesn't show in the addons Import-Export list.What can i do to make it work?
Are you using the correct vdrift.py (the one for blender26)?

Check system console output: Blender->Window->Toggle System Console

You don't need to install python for blender2.5-2.6, it's included.

i tried all the vdrift.py files and did not work.It is very frustrating and i attached Print Screen of the Console.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-23-2013, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 04:53 PM by NaN.)
How did you download the vdrift.py and from where? According to your console output it has been saved in utf-8 format, while it should be ascii.

Open it in a text editor. It should look like this In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.
02-23-2013, 10:32 PM
(02-23-2013 04:49 PM)NaN Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.How did you download the vdrift.py and from where? According to your console output it has been saved in utf-8 format, while it should be ascii.

Open it in a text editor. It should look like this In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.

I downloaded the files from In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread. and tried them all with different versions of blender and they won't work.With the link you gave me now In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread. i copied the text and pasted it into the vdrift.py script using Notepad and it worked like a charm.i also tried the files from svn>trunk>tools witch did not work in blender.Thank you very much for the help and patience!