Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vdrift wont start
10-14-2012, 12:26 AM
vdrift wont start
I downloaded latest version of vdrift,but the game does not start,nothing appears.

D:\Games\VDrift\data\settings\logs

the utility log says:

Could not find texture: data/tex/data/cars/mustang_gt/interior.png
Could not find texture: data/cars/mustang_gt/interior.png
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 07:47 AM
RE: vdrift wont start
(10-14-2012 12:26 AM)ooleeeo Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.I downloaded latest version of vdrift,but the game does not start,nothing appears.

D:\Games\VDrift\data\settings\logs

the utility log says:

Could not find texture: data/tex/data/cars/mustang_gt/interior.png
Could not find texture: data/cars/mustang_gt/interior.png

What is this mustang_gt piece? Could have a malformed mustang_gt.car config file maybe? You can read/edit it in a text editor. Compare it to one of the vdrift car files.

After a crash the game should fall back to default settings, load XS. You can try it yourself by setting car = XS in VDrift.config.
10-14-2012, 09:09 AM
i could not find mustang_gt.car file anywhere.

I use a dual-core 2.2 ghz laptop.
10-14-2012, 09:15 AM
(10-14-2012 09:09 AM)ooleeeo Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.i could not find mustang_gt.car file anywhere.

I use a dual-core 2.2 ghz laptop.
My bad. You are looking in the wrong directory. The game never writes into the installation directory. The settings and log files on Win7 are in C:\Users\{username}\Documents\VDrift

In windows explorer go into documents and look for VDrift directory. Post the content of log.txt
10-14-2012, 09:51 AM
but there is no such folder called vdrift in c/my documents and settings/ooleeeo/my documents.
10-14-2012, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 10:44 AM by NaN.)
(10-14-2012 09:51 AM)ooleeeo Wrote: In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.but there is no such folder called vdrift in c/my documents and settings/ooleeeo/my documents.
Does windows show any application error/crash messages? The VDrift directory is the first thing that the game looks for(creates) at start. If it doesn't even get that far then there is not much I can do from here I think. Unless you are able to compile and debug the game on your system.

You could try one of the older releases to see if they run. In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.

It is just a guess but there might be something you could try. Get/install this runtime In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread. and try to run the game again.
10-19-2012, 11:01 AM
ok,now i see,i have to download more files,i have only downloaded the .exe and nothing else.
i guess i need all files to run the game.
10-20-2012, 04:38 AM
a final question,from this page,tell me which files i need to run the game.

In order to view links, you must have to reply to this thread.
12-16-2012, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 09:37 PM by Reggid.)
I'm having the same problem and the log says nothing. I have all the folders and such but can;t figure out what I'm missing.

My Specs:
Dell Dimension E510
Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Nvidia GeForce 9400GT