The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 752 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 752 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(959) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(959) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 959 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 1024 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 1024 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5308 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5308 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1024 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1474 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1429 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Wip- David_Mac's Track - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Cars & Tracks (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Wip- David_Mac's Track (/showthread.php?tid=921)

Wip- David_Mac's Track - David_Mac - 03-04-2008

Hello all.

Finally had a day to sit down and get cracking on a V_Drift track. I've built the main run of the track &c, but I figured it was worth sharing my drop sheet and checking on any objections that you might have to the angle that I'm taking.

[Image: dropsheetcitytosewerte6.jpg]

My only real experience of drift racing has been a (nauseating yet strangely beautiful) 'Tokyo Drift' type Fast & Furious movie, so I'm keen to emulate its' stylisations. Figuring that the movie detailed cola-sipping cool-kids flying around car parks in the early hours of the morning, I've attempted to build in a number of drift-friendly corners. Textures will be drawing heavily upon this film's 'neon-ghetto' visual aesthetic.

My fondest recollections of racing games to date include Out Run's busy skyline, Turismo's tunnels and Mario Kart 64's 'screechie-friendly' Wario Stadium, so I'd like to borrow heavily from these games. A high number of low poly objects to give the illusion of speed down straits, an extensive tunnel run, and a couple of Wario's trademark banking corners.

I'm aiming for one major 2048x to cover the road, and two 1024x textures to cover my objects. At this rate my poly count for the map should peak at 20.000 tris, although I'll be able to drag it down as low as 10,000 should the need arise.

I'll post some shots as modelling moves along.

- thelusiv - 03-04-2008

That looks really great. I like the planning work you're doing. Don't feel too much like you have to copy another game, or anything like that. If you want to borrow stylistically that's fine, but don't go too far down the "Tokyo Drift" road. Smile I like your idea of combining styles from different games. Looks like this will be a fun track when it's finished.

- zimluura - 03-04-2008

i was hoping a track like that would show up.
a google image search for "tokyo at night" will get you lots more sweat reference pictures.