The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 752 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 752 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(959) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(959) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 959 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 1024 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 1024 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5308 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5308 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1024 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1474 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1429 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Network Gaming - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Help (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Network Gaming (/showthread.php?tid=911)

Network Gaming - DrNick - 02-21-2008

im having problem with the network gaming, the client computer doenst connect or doesnt seem to find the computer, im using a Netgear wireless router, its a wgr6v14 and it seems like the problem is with the ip adress and the port (my computer its a laaptop amd tl64 withh 3gb of ram an ati readeon hd2400 graphics card with windows vista) i started with the 128.0... ip that came default with the network part and the 1234 port that came default too. but those didnt work...
could someoen tell me how to set up or .. like step by step

- thelusiv - 02-21-2008

I haven't tested VDrift on Vista yet, some people say it builds but I'm not sure if it works right. Also, the network game mode is not quite complete and may be broken.

- DrNick - 02-21-2008

ohh, well in my computer works perfectly, in my sisters computer does too(and its a different computer but with vista too, i dont like vista in fact i have a laptop with linux but oh well) , soo the network part of the game is not done yet?

- thelusiv - 02-21-2008

Well, over the internet I have been able to start up games with Joe and they will run for a short time, usually before they lose the connection at some point. So net games work, but there are some bugs that make it hard to keep it working. On a local network, it's possible that it would work better. That said, we haven't done much testing of net games at all recently so something could have broken it.

Have you made sure you're not running any firewalls or anything on these PCs so that you're sure the connection can be made?

- DrNick - 02-21-2008

mmm, well vista has a firewall so i should check that one up, and probably the router too.. but i doubt its the router firewall becuase its kinda outdated and doesnt work like its supposed to ( so nope not the router) does it has anything to do with the port that i use? i mean can it be any port that i want to set as long as its not being used by any other program?
edit##
well it wasnt the vista firewall since it was turned off mmm maybie its the "vista curse" that nothing works properly

- thelusiv - 02-21-2008

Hmmm, the problem may be the way VDrift is running, try running it as Administrator, perhaps that will fix things. Does the rest of the game run without problems?

- DrNick - 02-22-2008

yep the game works perfectly, i have not encounter any problems, masybie its the way my "wireless" router its set up.. i dont know, sometimes it seems like nothing works, one thing thoight that i was able to play open arena with this router

- joevenzon - 02-22-2008

You will need to set up your router to forward the port that vdrift listens on (1234, UDP) to your computer's internal LAN IP.