The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 752 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 752 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(959) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(959) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 959 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 1024 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 1024 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5308 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5308 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1024 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1474 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1429 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
sky dome/horizon rendering broken - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum)
+-- Forum: Project (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: sky dome/horizon rendering broken (/showthread.php?tid=1770)

sky dome/horizon rendering broken - alex25 - 10-13-2013

i'm not really sure when this happened but the sky and the horizon don't get drawn anymore at a large ddistance but instead they get rendered at the original size which breaks quite a few of the tracks. le mans is a good example, just drive a little bit and you'll find yourself outside the sky dome.

RE: sky dome/horizon rendering broken - NaN - 10-13-2013

Thanks Alex, I'll look into it as soon as possible.

RE: sky dome/horizon rendering broken - alex25 - 02-16-2014

looks like the sky dome/horizon rendering broke again. this time i think it is the vertical offset. just go to Ring2007 and you'll see the horizon way up in the sky.

RE: sky dome/horizon rendering broken - NaN - 02-17-2014

Will do, thanks again.

RE: sky dome/horizon rendering broken - alex25 - 02-28-2014

(02-17-2014, 05:01 PM)NaN Wrote: Will do, thanks again.

thanks for fixing it, but i don't understand the commit comment:

TRACK: Add workaround for tracking skyboxes geometry vertical offset (should really be fixed in track data).

what needs to be fixed and how?

--alex--

RE: sky dome/horizon rendering broken - NaN - 03-01-2014

No need to fix anything atm, just a reminder for me, when we eventually switch from joe/jpk to a more capable mesh file format, to adjust skybox geometry so that this workaround can be removed.

In detail:
The old renderer had extra code to center meshes relative to the camera (vertical tracking case) when drawn. The new code ported from gl3 renderer avoids this, but requires the (vertical) center of the mesh to be at origin (z=0). The workaround is doing this when loading the track. It would be cleaner to adjust it in the data though.

RE: sky dome/horizon rendering broken - alex25 - 03-01-2014

(03-01-2014, 04:32 PM)NaN Wrote: The old renderer had extra code to center meshes relative to the camera (vertical tracking case) when drawn. The new code ported from gl3 renderer avoids this, but requires the (vertical) center of the mesh to be at origin (z=0). The workaround is doing this when loading the track. It would be cleaner to adjust it in the data though.

this is what i was afraid of. if you search through the archives you'll find out the posts where i requested this feature and the reasons why i requested it and the discussion joe and i had. in short, these are tracks imported from other formats and the origin is all over the place (i don't think any are centered at zero, but i could be wrong). aren't you the guy who suggested we should get rid of the bump coeffcients because bumps should be implemented in the mesh? :-( whatever...

--alex--

RE: sky dome/horizon rendering broken - NaN - 03-04-2014

The adjustment is trivial, can/should be automated. What are you afraid of?