The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 752 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 752 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(959) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(959) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 959 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 1024 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 1024 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5308 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5308 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1024 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1474 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1429 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Conversion Of Old Tracks To Newer Ones - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum)
+-- Forum: Project (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Conversion Of Old Tracks To Newer Ones (/showthread.php?tid=1714)

Conversion Of Old Tracks To Newer Ones - Linksblackmask - 04-15-2013

Hay Guys,

Firstly apologies its this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure.

I have been sent a few tracks in the older format for the game, i.e. in the objects folders there are multiple .joe files, where as the newer format seems to just have a single .jpk file.

I not very familiar with blender but have opened the file up and tried to export the .blend file to a .jpk file, but the file comes out tiny and doesn't want to work with VDrift.

So my question, is, (I'm hoping simple) How do I convert from the older style of tracks to the new one?

All the best Smile

RE: Conversion Of Old Tracks To Newer Ones - NaN - 04-15-2013

Hi Linksblackmask

The game still supports multiple joe files for tracks.

You will have to fix the start positions though.
Code:
start position 0 = 3.4912, 28.9300, -33.9010 # x, y, z center of a 4 x 2 x 1 meter position box, y is up axis
start orientation 0 = 0.00, 179.65, 0.00 # x, y, z orientation angle in degrees

I would say just copy them from another track and adjust the position /orientation in blender(plugin https://github.com/VDrift/blender-scripts ).
[Image: startgr.jpg]

You wont be able to import all separate track meshes at once like in the above pic (need to add support for this). But you can:
1. Import roads (roads.trk).
2. Import track info (track.txt)
3. Place/move position boxes onto roads mesh.
4. Export track info.

RE: Conversion Of Old Tracks To Newer Ones - NaN - 04-15-2013

I've quickly added an option to import list.txt + joe files into blender26 "Import VDrift track objects". Would be great if you could try it with the old tracks.

RE: Conversion Of Old Tracks To Newer Ones - Linksblackmask - 05-06-2013

Thanks for the response and sorry for a very late reply, I've gotta say i'm not to competent with blender so I'll explain what i've done so far Smile

1- opened the blender file for the track and added your script,
2- imported the roads.trk, track.txt
3- imported the list.txt, this seemed to add certain objects, noticeable of these was the sky background.
4- export the track.txt, this corrected the track starting position and orientation I believe
5- export the roads.trk, this comes out as a 149KB file... Alittle small incomparison to the rest

vdrift is crashing within

bool TRACK::LOADER::AddObject(const OBJECT & object)

as I've used the info_output to gauge where, it crashes up upon the first object that is part of a .joe file...

info_output << "Add Object -"<< objectdir <<"/"<< object.model<< "/"<< object.surface <<"/" <<object.texture<<std::endl;
i.e. snippet of the list.txt for the file

# File generated by export-all-joe-0.3.py

# Object BeforeExit1
track1-object-BeforeExit1.joe
BeforeExit1.jpg

that one...

Any further help would be muchly appreciated and thank you once again...

All the best

RE: Conversion Of Old Tracks To Newer Ones - NaN - 05-07-2013

roads.trk is a text file containing road patch points. It is usually quite compact.

The only files you have changed are track.txt, roads.trk? Can you upload the exported track?

RE: Conversion Of Old Tracks To Newer Ones - Linksblackmask - 05-07-2013

Hay NaN,

Have emailed you a link to the track prior to the changes I stated as I dont know if I did them correctly,

Honestly thank you so much for all of your help

Best

L

RE: Conversion Of Old Tracks To Newer Ones - NaN - 05-08-2013

It segfaults while attempting to load jpg textures. We are using sdl image lib for this. It should actually report format not supported. But, oh well...

The fix will be to convert textures to 32bit png or bmp or dds(dxt1-3). Don't forget to update the list.txt texture names (jpg > png).

RE: Conversion Of Old Tracks To Newer Ones - Linksblackmask - 05-09-2013

NaN, thank you so much, converted files and updated list.txt and wallaa, Smile