The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 752 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 752 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(959) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(959) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 959 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 1024 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 1024 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5308 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5308 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1024 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1474 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1429 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 866 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 866 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 938 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 816 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 451 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 885 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 885 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 866 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 885 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Joystick problem - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Help (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Joystick problem (/showthread.php?tid=166)

Joystick problem - christophe14 - 12-08-2005

I am not able to play VDrift with a Logitech RumblePad 2 Vibration Feedback USB. The joystick is found. I have set the control to joystick, then calibrate it. But nothing seems to work: I cannot turn either on left or on right. And how to increase and decrease the speed. Do I still need the keyboard ?I have seen that for calibration the minimum value for axis found is -1.000 and maximum value is 1.000. I think it should be from 0 to 255 for this model of joystick.(I am using the Mac OS X version of VDrift)

Joystick problem - thelusiv - 12-08-2005

For the 0 to 255 thing - VDrift translates that to a decimal value between 0.0 and 1.0. Think of it like a percentage.To use the joystick control, you must add the necesary joystick axes to your control map. Go to Options -> Controls -> Control Mapping, then select the Primary column of the "brake" control row. Press A on the keyboard, then move the axis you want to use in the direction you'd like for brake. Repeat for gas and left/right steering.To assign the buttons you'll need to press B instead of A when you've selected the control you want to change. Make sure you set them to "once" and "down" if necessary. For shifting, you'll need to set the same button as shift up to engage clutch (but up instead of down) and the same for shift down. This way the clutch is engaged when you let go of the button you use to shift up or down. The autoclutch kinda does this for you though (if you have it turned on).

Joystick problem - joevenzon - 12-08-2005

Once the new menu system is set up, the control config should be easier to use.

Joystick problem - christophe14 - 12-09-2005

It is working ! But unfortunately the joystick appears to be too sensitive, so I will go back to the keyboard.I didn't find a possibility to restore the default settings unless deleting the .vdrift configuration directory. Is there anything planned to perform this reset ?By the way, why is this directory invisible ? I have found it by chance... :wink:

Joystick problem - thelusiv - 12-09-2005

If the joystick's too sensitive, change it in Options -> Controls -> Joystcks & Steering Wheels -> Touchiness Compensation. You may also want to adjust the Deadzone, and don't forget to calibrate! Smileedit: on the .vdrift directory - it is a sort of Linux/Unix standard to put "user files" for a program in /home/user/.program/ - this is because on Unix programs are installed to a location that is not writable by the user, so the settings couldn't go there, if they were ever to be changed. Instead they go into a hidden folder in the user's home directory. On OS X, this folder has been relocated to VDrift's data directory, I suppose to make it work more like other OS X applications. In this folder you'll find several files, for one there's VDrift.config. This file holds all the configuration data for VDrift (settings and such). Another file is "controls" - this defines the controls used in VDrift. If you want, you can copy this file to "controls.default" or something, so it will not be overwritten by the game. Then if you set your controls up for a joystick, quit VDrift and copy the new controls file to something like "controls.joystick" then you need only copy controls.default to controls to go back to the normal settings, or copy controls.joystick to controls to use your joystick setup. Hopefully in future versions of VDrift we'll have some way to set up "controls profiles" that would basically do that for you.

Joystick problem - joevenzon - 12-09-2005

The joystick is sensitive because you're always given full steering authority through the joystick (to allow big countersteer inputs when drifting). If it bugs you, try the 200 degree steering mode under touchiness compensation. That mode only gives you about as much steering authority as you'd normaly get from 200 degrees of steer wheel rotation (about the amount of steering you can do in a real car while keeping both hands on the wheel in a 10-2 position). It works well for grip racing but not so much for drifting at large angles.

Joystick problem - christophe14 - 12-10-2005

joevenzon Wrote:The joystick is sensitive because you're always given full steering authority through the joystick (to allow big countersteer inputs when drifting). If it bugs you, try the 200 degree steering mode under touchiness compensation. That mode only gives you about as much steering authority as you'd normaly get from 200 degrees of steer wheel rotation (about the amount of steering you can do in a real car while keeping both hands on the wheel in a 10-2 position). It works well for grip racing but not so much for drifting at large angles.
Thanks for the information (even if I haven't understood everything :lol: ). I haven't find this information either on the web site or in the documentation.Do you plan to add it in the README file (How to play with the gamepad/joystick) ? [i]

Joystick problem - christophe14 - 12-10-2005

thelusiv Wrote:edit: on the .vdrift directory - it is a sort of Linux/Unix standard to put "user files" for a program in /home/user/.program/ - this is because on Unix programs are installed to a location that is not writable by the user, so the settings couldn't go there, if they were ever to be changed. Instead they go into a hidden folder in the user's home directory. On OS X, this folder has been relocated to VDrift's data directory, I suppose to make it work more like other OS X applications. In this folder you'll find several files, for one there's VDrift.config. This file holds all the configuration data for VDrift (settings and such). Another file is "controls" - this defines the controls used in VDrift. If you want, you can copy this file to "controls.default" or something, so it will not be overwritten by the game. Then if you set your controls up for a joystick, quit VDrift and copy the new controls file to something like "controls.joystick" then you need only copy controls.default to controls to go back to the normal settings, or copy controls.joystick to controls to use your joystick setup. Hopefully in future versions of VDrift we'll have some way to set up "controls profiles" that would basically do that for you.
Okay.For Mac OS X, the standard rule is to have the application preference settings in Users/xx/Library/Preferences. Also the preferences should be visible.So I would propose for the Mac OS X version to:- rename the directory from ".vdrift" to "VDrift",- make this directory visible,- change its path from Users/xx/.vdrift to Users/xx/Library/Preferences/VDrift.What do you think ?

Joystick problem - abs1nth - 12-10-2005

christophe14 Wrote:For Mac OS X, the standard rule is to have the application preference settings in Users/xx/Library/Preferences. Also the preferences should be visible.So I would propose for the Mac OS X version to:- rename the directory from ".vdrift" to "VDrift",- make this directory visible,- change its path from Users/xx/.vdrift to Users/xx/Library/Preferences/VDrift.What do you think ?
when first hacking vdrift up to run on OSX i wanted to use a more standard directory like you described but it made some problems (and i had enought other problems to fix) so i sticked to the unix/linux default.maybe i should give it another go, but there is also the problem that users who tried out earlier versions of vdrift will loose their settings...

Joystick problem - thelusiv - 12-12-2005

When you compile, setting the flag -DSETTINGS_DIR="VDirft" instead of -DSETTINGS_DIR=".vdrift" will change the name of the settings directory. Add an OS X portion of the function FindHomeDir in settings.cpp to tell it where to put this directory. You should see the Win32 and Linux code in there already.