The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 752 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 752 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 892 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 892 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(959) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(959) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 959 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 1024 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 1024 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5308 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5308 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1024 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1474 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1429 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Multilanguage - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://www.vdrift.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Multilanguage (/showthread.php?tid=1377)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Multilanguage - NaN - 11-25-2012

I've updated the vdrift.pot to contain source info:

#: data/skins/simple/menus/PracticeGame:513
#: data/skins/simple/menus/SingleRace:690
msgid "Brightness"
msgstr ""

RE: Multilanguage - GunChleoc - 11-25-2012

For some reason, I can't find where I put it in the game anymore. I'll do a reinstall and retest and I will get back to you. I think I might still have an older version installed.

RE: Multilanguage - GunChleoc - 12-09-2012

I have now found out what the problem was. I'm not switching to the po files and redoing the translation.

Since I never have owned a joystick and it's hard to google, I need help with a word: What does gain do? I found something that suggested it's the sensitivity of the joystick, it that correct? Gaelic doesn't have a word for this yet, so I'll need to create one that makes sense.

Also, what does Held/Once do?

RE: Multilanguage - NaN - 12-09-2012

(12-09-2012, 11:32 AM)GunChleoc Wrote: I have now found out what the problem was. I'm not switching to the po files and redoing the translation.

Since I never have owned a joystick and it's hard to google, I need help with a word: What does gain do? I found something that suggested it's the sensitivity of the joystick, it that correct? Gaelic doesn't have a word for this yet, so I'll need to create one that makes sense.

Also, what does Held/Once do?

You don't have to redo the translation, just use the cfg2po.py to create a po file from your translation (if you want).

gain is a multiplier: value = gain * value;

Held/Once control how input is processed. Held: React on input value. Signal as long as user is pressing the key. Once: React on input value change(signal edge). Signal once when user is pressing the key.

RE: Multilanguage - GunChleoc - 12-10-2012

Thanks, but I needed to revise the translation anyway. Also, it should be consistent with the current .pot.

However, I now need to convert the PO file back for testing (I usually need to jump through a bazillion hoops because of string length, so in-game texting is vital). I have installed a Ubuntu VM so I can run the script, but when I try to download po2cfg.py, it says "file not found". Could maybe someone do the conversion for me? I'm attaching the PO.

RE: Multilanguage - NaN - 12-10-2012

You don't need Ubuntu/Linux.
- get python( http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.3/ ), install
- get po2cfg.py ( https://github.com/logzero/vdrift/downloads ), put into language dir
- Start -> Run -> cmd
- cd into language dir
- run: python po2cfg.py -i gd.po -o gd.txt

RE: Multilanguage - GunChleoc - 12-10-2012

I still need a working download for po2cfg.py though. It's broken for me on the Github site, Ubuntu or no Sad

RE: Multilanguage - joevenzon - 12-11-2012

(12-10-2012, 10:31 PM)GunChleoc Wrote: I still need a working download for po2cfg.py though. It's broken for me on the Github site, Ubuntu or no Sad

Works for me from this url:
https://github.com/downloads/logzero/vdrift/po2cfg.py

RE: Multilanguage - GunChleoc - 12-11-2012

Thanks! Smile

RE: Multilanguage - NaN - 12-11-2012

I had to reupp it, was broken for some reason.

The script has a problem if a translation runs over two lines. For example,

Code:
msgid "Change detail levels and other advanced display options."
msgstr ""
"Atharraich ìre a' mhion-sheallaidh is roghainnean seallaidh adhartach eile."

in the PO file becomes

Code:
#Change detail levels and other advanced display options. =

in the text file. Since Virtaal and Poedit both automatically insert line breaks in long strings, this might be worth looking into.

There is also a problem with ":

Code:
Return to the Options menu. = Till dhan chlàr-taice \"Roghainnean.\

This String should end in ". I think the \ need to be removed as well. For now, this is easy enough to deal with with a decent text editor and query/replace.

ETA: I manually fixed the lang file to test it, but it crashes the game. Any idea why? I'm working with the last official release on a Windows 7 system.

RE: Multilanguage - NaN - 12-11-2012

I've fixed the multi-line issue, please redownload the script.

As for the quotation marks. Lets say that special characters are not supported (for now). Feel free to use single quotes or asterisk instead.

(12-11-2012, 04:37 PM)GunChleoc Wrote: ETA: I manually fixed the lang file to test it, but it crashes the game. Any idea why? I'm working with the last official release on a Windows 7 system.

This is what I get with your gd.txt:
[Image: 40832464.jpg]

I used the new script with performs perfectly, thank you!

I still get the crash though. I open the game, choose the language, then close the game, when I open the game, the window appears shortly with just white content and then disappears.

Which version are you running? Maybe I need a newer version. I could run it on my Ubuntu VM if needed.

RE: Multilanguage - NaN - 12-12-2012

(12-11-2012, 09:39 PM)GunChleoc Wrote: I used the new script with performs perfectly, thank you!

I still get the crash though. I open the game, choose the language, then close the game, when I open the game, the window appears shortly with just white content and then disappears.

Which version are you running? Maybe I need a newer version. I could run it on my Ubuntu VM if needed.

You are right, there have been some fixes since last release. I've upped a more recent version that should work.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdrift/files/vdrift/nightly%20builds/vdrift-2012-10-16.zip/download

RE: Multilanguage - GunChleoc - 12-12-2012

Thanks! I've copied that to Program Files, but it's missing iconv.dll to run.